Awake at Midnight offers a resource for kids, parents, librarians, readers and writers to locate quality books and other media that align with their reading interests with a focus on scary stories for children and young adults.
With the decline of brick & mortar bookstores, there will be a need for vetting the quality and conveying the subject matter and tone of books that would previously have been done by browsing titles on the shelf.
Awake at Midnight will curate online content and other sources to aid in locating the best choices within the vast landscape of horror in children’s literature and offer a representation of its contents so an individual can make an informed determination about age appropriate entertainment.
Awake at Midnight will seek to become a hub of discussion for enthusiasts of horror fiction targeted to younger audiences and to provide cutting edge information about upcoming releases.
- Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol
- Book Review – Baba Yaga’s Assistant
- The Legend of Hillbilly John (1974)
- Goth Girl: The Ghost of a Mouse
- Maddy Kettle: Adventure of the Thimblewitch
- Book Review – The Mesmerist
- Mind Reader – Psychics and Seances
- Ghost on Saturday Night: Psychics & Seances
- The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
- Nightmare Alley (1947) – Psychics & Sideshows
- Book Review – Killer in Me
- Psychic Blues – Confessions of a Conflicted Medium
- Book Review: Women in the Walls
- Psychics and Seances on Old Time Radio
- The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York